Friday, February 8, 2013

Horrors in the Garden

Have you had the unique pleasure of watching "Little Shop of Horrors"?  Would you believe that this is my idea of a great romantic movie?  It has nerds, needy plants and love....what more could you ask of a movie?  This movie has always made me laugh- the release of endorphin's is certainly romantic, don't you  think?

Did I mention its a musical?  I really do love this movie- Seymour (I think that is the plant's name)  is hilarious!  What kind of plant is that anyway?  Have you ever had a plant take over your life?  I can think of a few...ivy, bamboo, and roses to mention a few.  All of them in need of boundaries and extra time and care.  Each of them in their own way, a horror!

What movie do you love for its plants or gardens?  I can name a few!

2 comments:

  1. plants that have taken over my life are mint and the evil of evil Mexican Evening Primrose (a particularly invasive rhizome here in Southern California). I spent months on my hands and knees digging them out of my yard while trying to save my other plants when we moved in and they still pop up every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching this as a young child and being scared shitless by that plant!

    ReplyDelete